Sunday, August 03, 2008

Nice People


It's not all that often that a stranger does something nice...a random act of kindness if you will. I felt it was worthy enough to give 2 people a shout-out for just being nice.

The first is a woman who I recently ordered some t-shirts from. In my failure to update my PayPal account, they were shipped to an old address. I asked her to let me know how much I owed to re-ship. She told me she would take care of the shipping and just hoped I would use her again in the future. Although this may have been partly for business gain...I don't know many people who would do that. Here is a link to her site. She can also be found on Etsy.com. I hope you use her too!! The shirts are adorable and came bound together in matching ribbon. I'm looking forward to the arrival of my new baby so my sons can wear these in their first photo together. http://www.personalizeitaiken.com/

The next is a high school boy of whose name I do not know. I was in Walmart the other day and as I was just about out the door, this young man came running up to me. "Mam, you dropped your debit card", was all he said and then went on his way. That boy saved me a HUGE hassle!!! It's nice to know there are high schoolers out there who would do such a thing.

So, thanks to the two strangers who put a smile on face. You have encouraged me knowing that it doesn't take much to turn a person's day around just by being nice.

No comments: